Pleasant Hill Lake Park
3431 State Route 95
Perrysville, OH 44864
Saturday, April 29:
- Gardening for Pollinators 10am-11am. Gardeners play a vital role in the development & conservation of habitat that benefits pollinators, including bees, birds, and butterflies. Learn practical steps to create and enhance habitat, plant selection, and simple design elements. Program presented by Denise Ellsworth, OSU.
- Pollinator Garden Planting 11am-12pm. After the program we will be planting a pollinator garden onsite. We will be using the garden design and plants approved for this site. Tools and plant materials provided.
- How Sweet it is 1pm-2pm. Basic introduction to local beekeeping. Look at bee hive selection, care of bees, honey production and harvest, opportunities to get involved and starting your own bee hive. Honey and other products will be for sale before and after the program. Program presented by Dave Duncan, Richland Area Beekeepers Association. Welcome Center.
- Earth Friendly Pest Management 2pm-3pm. Participants will explore common pest problems and ways to keep pests away naturally. Relying solely on chemical pesticides to manage plant pests is not the answer. We need to work smarter at keeping plants healthy so that plants can use their own chemical defenses. Program presented by Denise Ellsworth, OSU. Welcome Center.
- Bee Craft 3pm-4pm. Paint and create a terracotta bee creature or a bee mobile to hang. All supplies and directions provided. Family-friendly and FREE. Welcome Center.
For event updates and alerts, text MOHICANWILD to 888777 (standard messaging rates apply).