Mohican State Park
Loudonville, OH 44842
Friday, April 28:
- Welcome to Mohican Country 4pm-5pm. Start your fun-filled Mohican Wildlife Weekend with information and plans! By joining Mohican State Park Naturalist, you will be armed with information about Mohican Country, Wildlife Weekend, event schedules, maps, directions and any questions you may have about wildlife and wildlife viewing opportunities. So bring your questions and comments or just stop by to visit and say Hi! Mohican State Park Lodge/Resort Lobby.
Saturday, April 29:
- Fly-fishing and Fly-tying Demonstration 10am-3pm. Presented by Mohican Fly Fishing Club. Meet at the Covered Bridge river access.
- A Bug’s Life 10am-11am. Join us for a fun activity discovering how and why plants attract insects. Kids, bring your nature loving, creative, artistic selves! Mohican State Park Lodge/Resort Lobby.
- Wildflower Hike 1pm-4pm. Native wildflowers are in bloom at Mohican. Some of the best flora and fauna can be found here. Come and join us on this hike while we discuss ways plants attract pollinators. This is a two mile, moderate to easy hike. Trail may be muddy. Hemlock Gorge Trail – meet at the Nature Center located in Campground Area A, south of Loudonville off State Route 3.
Sunday, April 30:
- Hummingbird Feeders 10am. Learn about feeding hummingbirds and make a hummingbird feeder to take home. Mohican State Park Lodge/Resort Lobby.
- Hummingbird Hike 12:30pm. The first of the hummingbirds are returning to Ohio. Join us for a hike looking for this very important pollinator. Mohican State Park Covered Bridge Picnic Area.
For event updates and alerts, text MOHICANWILD to 888777 (standard messaging rates apply).